This course is meant to build on knowledge of Excel basics. Participants will improve speed and efficiency through the use of keyboard shortcuts and other tips. Topics include: conditional formatting, data validation, advanced logical statements (nested IFs), VLOOKUP, HLOOKUP, CHOOSE, INDEX, and MATCH among other functions. PivotTables and PivotCharts will be covered. Much of the time will be spent working through a project involving manipulating and analyzing a large amount of financial data. The functions introduced will be reinforced by working on the dataset in a realistic scenario. This course is hands-on, and participants are expected to have computers and follow along with the instruction. Many exercises will be provided to help reinforce concepts.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Use keyboard shortcuts to quickly navigate Excel
- Build efficient dynamic models in Excel
- Use advanced functions to analyze data and test out different scenarios
- Add customized controls to your spreadsheets:
- VLOOKUP, HLOOKUP, CHOOSE, INDEX, MATCH
- Concatenate and parse text using both static and dynamic methods
- Apply conditional formatting to quickly spot issues or build checks
- Apply data validation to prevent potential errors
- Build PivotTables and PivotCharts to quickly aggregate and summarize large datasets
- Basic familiarity with Microsoft Excel
Program Level: Intermediate
Target Audience: Financial professionals who want to improve and deepen their MS Excel skills and knowledge.
Advance Preparation: None
Computers and Financial Calculators: Computers with MS Excel are required during the training. Recommend two screens — one to work in MS Excel and one to follow along with the training.
Recommended CPE Credits: 7.8
Duration: 7 hours
Time:9:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m. ET