The last few years have witnessed unprecedented volatility in the capital markets. Active managers have switched between risk on and risk off trades. As the markets continue to evolve, a thorough understanding of the basics is essential. This hands-on course examines the investment process, risk and return and strategies to increase return. Differences between asset managers and institutional fund managers are explored. The course wraps up by analyzing attribution metrics on the portfolio’s performance.
Portfolio Management Course Objectives:
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Describe terminology used in portfolio management
- Evaluate the investment process and understand differences between entities, such as mutual funds and pension funds
- Explain the tradeoff between risk and return
- Apply different strategies in both equity and fixed income markets
- Evaluate the results of portfolio returns
Prerequisites: Fundamentals of the Securities Industry or equivalent knowledge
Program Level: Foundation
Advance Preparation: None
Recommended CPE Credits: 7
To find out more information about this portfolio management course contact us today!