Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) come in all shapes and sizes. This exchange traded funds course explores the different asset classes found in ETFs as well as the differences between ETFs and other investment vehicles, such as Mutual Funds. The motivations behind asset managers to buy or sell the underlying asset will be explored. In addition, the impact of ETFs on valuations and volatility in the market will be discussed. Specific prospectuses will be evaluated.
Exchange Traded Funds Course Objectives
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Compare and contrast exchange traded funds and other investment vehicles
- Discuss why exchange traded funds have become so popular
- Identify applications including asset allocation
- Discuss motivations for executing transactions within these investment vehicles
- Explain the impact exchange traded funds have had on asset classes, sectors, and individual securities
Prerequisites: Fundamentals of the Securities Industry or equivalent knowledge
Program Level: Foundation
Advance Preparation: None
Recommended CPE Credits: 7
For more information on exchange traded funds courses contact us today!