This one-day course is designed to deepen participants’ knowledge of the high-yield market. Participants will gain an understanding of the current trends in the high-yield bond market, identify different types of issuers and investors and analyze different types of bond structures. Participants will also gain a deeper appreciation of the importance of credit risk analysis for high yield securities.
The course will be a combination of lecture, group and individual exercises and group discussion. One case study will be used throughout the course to highlight specific learning points.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the development and size of the high yield market
- Discuss current trends in issuance and trading of high yield bonds
- Identify different types of high yield bond issuers and investors
- Analyze different high yield bond structures
- Compare and contrast advantages and risks of high yield bonds
- Evaluate perspectives on credit analysis and credit risk management
- Define recovery rates
- Financial Statement Analysis or equivalent knowledge
Program Level: Intermediate
Advance Preparation: None
Computers and Financial Calculators: N/A
Recommended CPE Credits: 7