The global credit crisis has brought on an increased focus on counterparty credit risk (CCR), emerging as one of the most important issues in today’s financial markets. Understanding derivatives and their respective cash flows is the starting point of identifying credit exposure faced by counterparties.
This credit risk course is designed to empower participants to identify, quantify, understand, and mitigate counterparty credit risk arising from derivatives across the major asset classes. An intuitive non-quantitative approach will be employed throughout so that participants develop a feel for risk/reward tradeoffs without relying on complex mathematical formulas.
Credit Risk Course Objectives:
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Explain counterparty credit risk and its relationship to capital market trading activities
- Describe methodologies to mitigate counterparty credit risk
- Measure counterparty credit risk
- Describe fundamentals of pricing and hedging
- Explain credit value adjustments (CVA)
Prerequisites: Fundamental knowledge of capital markets and derivatives
Program Level: Intermediate
Advance Preparation: None
Recommended CPE Credits: 7
To get more information about our Counterparty Credit Risk Course contact us today!