This course will provide an introduction to the practices and procedures involved with Big Data analysis. Participants will learn what Big Data is and why it is being discussed as a revolutionary approach to many aspects of business and finance. Participants will get hands-on experience with gathering, merging, and cleaning Big Data databases. The program will also entail critical evaluation of existing datasets to check for potential problems or concerns over data integrity. The course will also include a discussion of information governance.
By the end of the course, the participants will be able to:
- Describe the purpose and uses of Big Data in the business world today
- Identify the terminology used in Big Data and quantitative analysis programs in general
- Build a dataset based on gathering data from multiple sources and merging those databases into a single unified set
- Clean a database through automated methods like winsorizing and evaluation of univariate metrics to determine accuracy of inputs
- Identify key risk issues involved in Big Data and the role that information governance plays.
Suggested Prerequisites: None
Advance Preparation: Working Knowledge of Excel
Computers and Financial Calculators: Computers
Recommended CPE Credits: 7