The last few years have witnessed unprecedented volatility in the capital markets. Active managers have switched between risk on and risk off trades. As the markets continue to evolve, a thorough understanding of the basics is essential. This hands-on course examines the investment process, risk and return, and strategies to increase return. Differences between asset managers and institutional fund managers are explored. The course wraps up by analyzing metrics on the portfolio’s performance.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Describe terminology used in portfolio management
- Evaluate the investment process and understand differences between entities, such as mutual funds and pension funds
- Explain the tradeoff between risk and return
- Discuss different strategies in both equity and fixed income markets
- Evaluate the results of portfolio returns
- Fundamentals of the Capital Markets/Securities Industry or equivalent knowledge
Program Level: Foundational
Target Audience: Anyone who wants to learn about portfolio management, such as staff from compliance, middle office, IT, operations, legal, or HR, and regulators who work closely with various aspects of asset management.
Advance Preparation: None
Computers and Financial Calculators: Calculators
Recommended CPE Credits: 2.4
Duration: 2 hours
Time: 9:00-11:00 a.m. ET