This program introduces participants to the trade lifecycle for foreign exchange trades. Participants follow the sequence of activity that occurs “behind the scenes” on trade date once an FX trade is executed through the final exchange of currencies on settlement date.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Recognize how FX trades are executed among brokers, dealers, their customers and inter-dealer brokers including:
- Spot, Options, Swaps, Futures and Forwards
- Identify the critical functional areas related to moving FX trades forward to settlement, including confirmation and clearance
- Identify services provided by CLS Clearing and SWIFT messaging
- Foreign Exchange or equivalent knowledge
Program Level: Foundational
Target Audience: Anyone who wants to learn about the lifecycle of a foreign exchange trade, such as staff from IT, operations, compliance, legal, middle office, or HR, and regulators who work closely with various aspects of the FX market.
Advance Preparation: None
Computers and Financial Calculators: N/A
Recommended CPE Credits: 2.4
Instructor: Charlotte Scott
Duration: 2 hours