This course uses Python 3 via Anaconda Distribution. Participants must download and install the latest version of Anaconda Distribution to work through the course. Anaconda comes with Python, Spyder text editor, Jupyter Notebook, and many popular libraries.
This course is geared for financial analysts, portfolio analysts, quantitative analysts, risk managers, or anyone who works with large financial datasets or complex models. No prior programming knowledge or experience is required.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Write and debug code in Python
- Define and work with different types of variables
- Incorporate inputs and outputs in Python code
- Use looping to efficiently repeat certain actions
- Build functions in Python
- Incorporate logic in your code
- Work with popular financial Modules (Math, NumPy, SciPi, Pandas, MatPlotLib, etc.)
- Use the power of Python to quickly and efficiently work with big data
Suggested Prerequisites: None
Program Level: Foundational
Target Audience: Financial professionals who want to learn to use Python.
Advance Preparation: Download and install Anaconda Distribution from https://www.anaconda.com/download/
Computers and Financial Calculators:Computers with Anaconda Distribution are required during the training. Recommend two screens — one to work in MS Excel and one to follow along with the training.
Recommended CPE Credits: 7.8
Duration: 7 hours
Time: 9:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m. ET